What should I do if my neighbor commits illegal acts on or near my property?

Except in the instance of less serious issues (such as speeding in apartment complex parking lot or burning leaves in violation of city ordinances), you should contact the police to handle these issues-especially in the instances of drug use, drug dealing, gang activity, firearm violations, assault or any other violent crime.

I am afraid that my neighbor will find out that I reported her illegal activity. What should I do?

Most police departments have anonymous, toll-free numbers that you can use to report a crime. Contact your local police department for more information.

Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to set some optional cookies. We won't set these optional cookies unless you enable them. Please choose whether this site may use optional cookies by selecting 'On' or 'Off' for each category below. Using this tool will set a cookie on your device to remember your preferences.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie notice.

Necessary cookies

Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Functionality cookies

We'd like to set cookies to provide you with a better customer experience. For more information on these cookies, please see our cookie notice.